Save the David Lean Cinema Campaign CIC (SDLCC)
Customer Data Privacy Notice
This policy is also available as a PDF download here.
This notice explains what data we hold about you, our customers, and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our staff and volunteers are covered by a separate notice.
The following organisations process data on our behalf:
2. Our newsletter emails are administered using the Rocket Science Group Mailchimp service. The group is based in the US but has certified compliance with the EU/US Privacy Shield framework.
3. If you purchase tickets at Coachholidays.com, they enter your contact details, whether you wish to receive our newsletter emails, and booking details on TicketSource. They do not retain any of your data.
4. We use 1and1 Internet Ltd (GB) as an email server provider.
We do not share your data with any other party.
Within our systems we may hold your name, title, address, phone number, email ID, booking history, mailing preference, IP address, requests by email and requests by website enquiry form.
We use your data for the following purposes:
• To contact you regarding bookings, for example if a film is cancelled or to return lost property.
• To answer any queries you raise with us.
• To send you our newsletter, if you have consented to this.
We have three legal bases for holding your data:
• Contract: You enter into a contract with us when you purchase tickets.
• Consent: We send you our newsletter, only if you have consented.
• Consent: We process website enquiry form content, only if you have consented.
‘Personal data’ are any information that can be related to an individual. For example, if we hold your booking data with your name, then both your booking data and your name are personal data. However, booking data that cannot be related to an individual are not personal data.
We manage your personal data as follows:
• We maintain the data as accurately and up-to-date as possible.
• We delete the data when no longer required. TicketSource contact details are deleted after you have not made a booking for two years. Subscribers to our email newsletter are deleted after they have not opened the emails for a year. Website enquiry forms and emails are deleted after no more than two years.
• We sometimes need to download the data to personal computer, but it will always be encrypted, never backed-up to the cloud and only held as long as necessary.
Your rights under the GDPR
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
• To request a copy of the data we hold about you.
• To request that we correct data that is inaccurate or out of date.
• To request your data is erased when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
• To withdraw your consent to receive mailshots.
• To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted as follows:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
SDLCC can be contacted as follows:
Post: The Box Office, David Lean Cinema, Croydon Clocktower, Katharine Street, Croydon, CR9 1ET
Website contact form: http://www.davidleancinema.org.uk/contact-us-here
TicketSource can be contacted as follows:
Post: TicketSource, Off Edge, Station Approach, Penarth CF64 3EE
Telephone: 0333 666 4466
Last updated on 04 July 2019
Box Office at the David Lean Cinema: revised policy for COVID reopening.
All purchases go via secure connections through our Ticketsource partner and there is no extra cost to you- except for the telephone charge of £1.80 if you book by phone. There are links for purchasing on the home page against individual film listings.
Tickets are priced at £8.50 (Adults), £7.50 (Seniors aged 65 and over) with concessionary pricing at £5.00 for people in receipt of Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support or Job Seekers allowance, Students, Under 25’s and disabled people.
Ticketsource will stop selling 5 mins before a screening.
Stewards are unable to take money for tickets and only patrons with tickets can be admitted.
The cinema entrance will be via the main library entrance as before, but please arrive between half an hour and 5 mins before the film start time – no earlier or later.
We will not be able to seat latecomers after the trailers start.
With effect from 14th October 2021 our Refunds and Exchanges Policy changes. Once you have paid for your tickets, we are unable to make refunds. If you make an error when buying tickets, they can be exchanged for any film on sale at the time of the exchange and no later than 24 hours before the screening of the original film. There will be no extra charge for this service.
- For tickets purchased online or at the cinema box office, contact us via our online form with details of your tickets and exchange request.
- Refunds would be given should a film have to be cancelled.
In the unlikely event of the Campaign having to cancel a screening we
will refund costs in full. In this situation we will endeavour to notify
customers in advance using the contact details on our database or
provided at the time of purchase.