We welcome people interested in volunteering for the various roles available in the cinema – stewards, cafe bar assistants, box office volunteers, projectionists and “handymen”. A number of our stewards also work at the cafe bar. Please get in touch if you are interested in volunteering by going here. Please note that we currently have a waiting list for people interested in projecting.
Our volunteers are vital in enabling the Save the David Lean Cinema Campaign to screen films in the David Lean auditorium. We would not be able to commit to showing screenings without support from projectionists, stewards and box-office volunteers.
We are looking for individuals for all these volunteer roles
• Who are interested in film
• Who are reliable, punctual and diligent
• Who can be confident, friendly and polite with customers
• Who want to learn new skills
• Who have a technical interest in film projection (for projection volunteers only)
What we offer:
• Full training in the available roles
• The chance to see our films
• A friendly working environment
We would also like to hear from you if you could help with running the Arts Bar, brochure distribution, marketing, publicity or administration. There are various skilled and unskilled tasks you may be able to volunteer for.
Becoming a volunteer at the cinema means that you become part of a welcoming and friendly team. Many of our volunteers have a passion for film but also have a keen interest in seeing the David Lean Cinema back in use.
Interested? We want to hear from you. The role descriptions for each area can be viewed via the links below.